A divorce is necessary in order to end most marriages. However, in certain circumstances an annulment is appropriate and preferred. While a divorce seeks to bring a marriage to an end, an annulment means that the marriage was never valid to begin with. The criteria needed to obtain an Las Vegas, Nevada annulment are specific and must be met for the voiding of a marriage to be granted. Attorney Tony Liker is experienced in obtaining quick annulments. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Attorney Tony Liker assisting Las Vegas residents void marriages through annulment
Contrary to popular belief, one cannot obtain an annulment simply because they want it. An annulment will only be granted in our state if one of the parties can demonstrate that the marriage should not have been considered legal in the first place. Circumstances for which Nevada will grant an annulment include:
- One of the parties involved was already married
- One or both parties was of lacked mental capacity at the time of marriage
- One party was convinced to marry the other due to fraudulent circumstances or beliefs
- The parties are related by blood
- One of the parties is under the age of 18 and did not acquire parental or guardian consent
For any other cases, need to be process by a Contested or Uncontested Divorce.